Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Peter Peter, Pumpkin Eater

Had a wife but couldn't keep her.
Put her in a pumpkin shell,
And there he kept her very well.

Time for some tasty pumpkin treats!


I was so excited when I found this recipe that I had to make these special Pumpkin Brownies right away! They were delicious! (we had to try them before I even took a picture!) And they came out close to the picture in the magazine. (from Southern Living)

And to show you my lazy housewife side, here's the recipe from the magazine. See the blue lines? Instead of using those 50 ingredients to make the brownie batter, I used a brownie box mix and followed the pumpkin portion. SOOO much easier!

Another pumpkiny-goodness recipe is from my sister-in-law for pumpkin bars - the cream cheese frosting is to salivate and drop dead for! And they're easy enough for me to make more than once =) Here's the recipe (from Taste of Home)

CREAM CHEESE FROSTED PUMPKIN BARS
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup veg oil
2 cups biscuit mix
2 tsp cinnamon
raisins (optional, I don't use them)

Frosting:
1 pkg (3oz) cream cheese
1/3 cup butter
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioner sugar

Beat pumpkin, sugar, eggs, and oil. In separate bowl, combine biscuit mix and cinnamon then add to pumpkin mixture.

Pour into greased baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. Done when toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and butter till fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Beat in confectioner sugar till smooth. Spread over bars. Store in fridge.

Sorry, no pic. I can't make more than one recipe a month, week.

And then there's the easiest pumpkin treats - grocery store bakeries have an abundance of pumpkin cakes, muffins, and cookies.

Then there's Starbucks with the PSL - but I make my own at home with a little pumpkin creamer, sugar, and if you like whip cream, give it a spritz then top it off with a dusting of pumpkin pie spice!

I also love to go to Target this time of year - they find all the delectable flavors of the season - in creamers and candy! Mmm mmm!

I even like pumpkin seeds!


Do you love pumpkin? I actually found a couple of people who don't. I had to unfriend them (JK!!) What's your favorite fall flavor? (I must say, Apple is a close second for me.)

7 comments:

  1. Those brownies look fantastic! I am the only person in my household that does not like pumpkin, but I make pumpkin bread and cookies for my guys. They will love those brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, Christine. Tara was threatening unfriendings of the non-pumpkin lovers, but I'll protect you!! LOL

      Delete
    2. i would never unfriend christine!!
      we just catch up in winter... ha!

      Delete
  2. That looks so delicious!!

    At that writer thing in Wheeling, did you get to try the pumpkin soup? I was skeptical, but it was delicious. No need to unfriend me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didnt but i take your word for it. i do have a recipe for it i should try =)

      Delete
  3. I love Pumpkin. Favorite flavor has to be lemon, sweet and savory applications. I can't wait to try the recipies.
    I'll start with the brownies. I can throw them in the oven after my halloween shrinky dinks tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shrinky dinks!!! how fun!
    and i love all the fruity flavors! chik fil a made the best lemonade smoothie this summer! i miss it already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...