Friday, September 23, 2016

She likes to... MOVE IT!

Exercise. We all hear about how we should do more of it.

But what if you hate exercising?

Then I suggest that you take a serious look at what you're doing. If you don't like that particular thing, do something else.

I used to have problems with my feet (plantar fasciitis). It got so bad I'd cry if I couldn't find a parking place close to the grocery store door, and I had to ride one of those grocery store go-carts.

Do you have any idea how dangerous people with regular shopping carts are?

I found riding a stationary bike and deep-water aerobics a good option. Here's an example of the latter.


Three foot surgeries later, and I got a treadmill. More on that later.

If you try things and don't like them. Try something else. And don't be afraid of being too old!

I started studying karate the month I turned 50. I joined because my boys were studying it, and I wanted to do that with them.

They quit. I stayed and got my Black Belt.

Me, my sensei, and hubby
Then I started writing and got busier than ever (I work full time). I found myself having to choose between writing and exercising.

This is solution.

Yes, that is the kid from the Harvest Moon game peeking over the side there.
I had hubby find me a board that could put across the treadmill handles. It holds my laptop. That 30-40 minutes has never flown by so fast! I also have a weight bench and watch movies while I lift weights.

And having my kids paint the walls with their favorite video game characters didn't hurt either.

Harry Potter was one of my requests.
The detail on Cloud from Final Fantasy Tactics is exquisite. You should see it in person.

So what's my point in all this? 

MOVE!

Find something you like to do and do it

Make it fun. 

Make it work.




Donna K. Weaver is an award-winning author, wife, mother, grandmother, Harry Potter geek, Army veteran, karate black belt, and online gamer.


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Donna. I never liked exercise. I used to play hookey at school whenever exercise classes were on schedule. However, today, I bowl twice a week and do in house exercises twice a week. I used to love walking and when I lived in NC used to walk 4 miles a day but my legs gave out on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a genius!! I've looked at the stand for your treadmill and they can be pricey. I love your fix! I'll have to try that...as soon as I get the ironing off the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...